Tuesday, April 19, 2011

What I learned that day

I'm Qaidar, i'm a newspaper boy in red sea country. I have 7 brothers including me. I'm the fourth child. what different me than my brothers is I can read. I love read. 

One day, when i have sold all the newspaper, I realised that there's still one left. Then, there is a poor, blind old man, he want to buy the newspaper from me. At first I ask him why he wants to buy the newspaper, he said he want to read it.

 I felt sad knowing he still wants to read it although he can't. so I willingly be his eyes. upon hearing the stories, he really love it and since then I read the newspaper for him. 

Suddently there's a voice said I should ask him to pay me since I always help him. I tried to ignore the  voice because i didn't mean to ask him for money. this is really tough. and it makes me feel guilty because of this voice in my head. 

The guilty in my heart grew and I couldn't help but to tell the old man that I will quit to help him because of this guilty feeling. 

But he didn't mad at me, instead, he encouraged me to fight this feeling. His most memorable words at that time,"By Allah's willing, it's alright, you can do it, child'".

So I continue to read the newspaper for him. I read for him until he bedridden for his illness of his old age. It is really shocking for me and I visit him with my families. He looks very frail and weak, it made me felt very sad. he called me to come to near him. he asked me whether I overcome the voice in my head. I said no.

But then he asked me why I'm crying, he said he heard the sound of dropping tears. I didn't realised the tears in my eyes. The old man said "you do well to overcome most of the sickness all of human have, though someday,  harder, and confusing time will come, I'm sure you can do it.".

After that, my memories began to faded, and I forget his name. Now I'm also almost at the same age when he and I met. Still, I will tell all the children how I fought myself and the most important word to them, "You can do it."

No comments:

Post a Comment